DO NOT USE "HARTZ" PRODUCTS ON YOUR PETS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

remixedcat

Banned
I'm seeing relevance for this a lot today, so spread the word: DO NOT USE "HARTZ" PRODUCTS ON YOUR PETS!

I've known about this for years, and I'm shocked that they STILL haven't been prosecuted and put out of business! We've been fortunate not to have these experiences ourselves (though the crap just plain didn't work, so it's not even worth it for saving money), but WAY TOO MANY pets are suffering agony, brain-damage, and even death from Hartz products.

It's just not worth it. Please check and share these links.
1- http://www.hartzvictims.org/ (stories, accounts, pictures)
2- Hartz Kills (news, attempts at action)

Lots of reports of problems with SERGEANT'S products too...

Woah, that doesn't look to good, judging from the website. Is HARTZ a type of medicine, or something on the outside like that scam of a nail clipper for animals that scared them away?

I didn't know they was still around, no one here has Hartz products.

"The Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) required Hartz to cancel the production of phenothrin-containing flea and tick products for cats after receiving thousands of reports of pet injury and death. As of March 31, 2006, the sale and distribution of Hartz's phenothrin-containing flea and tick products for cats has been terminated. However, EPA's product cancellation order did not apply to Hartz flea and tick products for dogs, and Hartz continues to use phenothrin in a concentration of 85.7% in many of its flea and tick products for dogs.
Consumers reported adverse effects, including pet death, in both cats and dogs after using Hartz flea and tick products as directed"

This was actually very recently...

I've always stayed away from cheap pet products anyways, however with the times as they are now that will make more people skimp on that... you dont save money you spend more going to the vet to correct that.

very bad. they need to be shut down.

me niether... I feed my cat cat chow naturals cat food and use frontline if she has fleas and no reactions to it.

When I had dogs I used cheap Ajax dish soap on them. Worked good, took care of the fleas, smelled good, cheap, and has been done by many many people so I knew it wont harm my animals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom