Do I have hd now?

shadygirl420

In Runtime
a while back i downloaded a bluray movie just to see what it would look like. Then i bought a dvi 2 dvi and connected my pc to my plasma tv. pic looked great way better than a normal dvd. i was telling someone about it, and they were like ur still not seeing the full hd because ur not using the hdmi port. so finally i went out and bought a dvi 2 hdmi and it looks even better. my question is am i getting the full 720p? thanks for all replies.

If the movie is also 720p or better you should be getting nearly all of the resolution. If I'm not mistaken HDMI is a little better than DVI and because you're using an adapter and your video card is not HDMI native, you may not be getting all of it. I could well have this backwards though...I hope someone can confirm/disprove my comment.

If the movie is also 720p or better you should be getting nearly all of the resolution. If I'm not mistaken HDMI is a little better than DVI and because you're using an adapter and your video card is not HDMI native, you may not be getting all of it. I could well have this backwards though...I hope someone can confirm/disprove my comment.

HDMI>DVI

you are right. dvi is extremely good, but not as good as HDMI. the fact taht you are using an adpater is already degrading the quality by a bit. if you had a direct HDMI port, however, it would look the best.

Back
Top Bottom