DNS error

nsb

Beta member
Hi, i am hoping someone can help. I will try to explain as best as I can. When I connect to the internet all sorts of strange things happen. Very few pages will load ok, some pages load but pictures will be missing and the text on the page is all over the place, usually in a straight line down one side of the page, I cant load any links from any pages at all and most pages come up as "page cannot be displayed cannot find server or DNS error". I contacted my ISP and they said my internet connection is ok and need to reinstall internet explorer, before doing that I tried mozilla fire fox and the same thing happened. I connected the laptop to the internet and everything is fine here so it cant be my connection. If any one have any ideas as to what is happening and how to fix it it would be very much apprciated.

I am using XP home edition (SP3) and auto upates are on

Hi, I now seem to have even more problems, I have done a few scans with AVG and it appears I have about 14 infections (trojan horse fakealert.hc), is this what is causing the original problems and can i get rid of it or do I need to reformat, only reformated a few months ago due to viruses. Thank you to any one who can offer assistance.

Back
Top Bottom