DIY Video Gear Build Log

Yeah don't get me wrong low light is still decent. Way better than you will find on a camcorder for that price I suspect.

Just some cameras which arn't really as suited to video as the T3i, but they do have better low light capability if thats what is most important to you. Then again, i think I thinking a bit more expensive than you are looking at so maybe not.

7D and 60D are equivelant if you have Magic Lantern so gains don't come into effect until the 5D mark II.

Who said I was talking about Canon ?

Pentax K5 has the best low light performance of any APS-C sensor based camera. The Fuji X100 I have is not far behind at all.

People seem to forget Canon and Nikon are not the only good camera makers in the world.

This is my camera at 3200ISO, dark outside, just the one lamp on you see. It's not noise free but it is easily useable for web use at this size, better than practically every other APS-C sensor camera out their no matter what your budget. There are only one or two that are better, and they are not much better at that.

DSCF5496.jpg

edit: The noise in the corners is worse than the actual JPEG file, compression effects when uploading has made it quite a bit more blotchy.

Last edited:
^I don't need the best possible camera. I would like it, but for what I can afford as far as i know the best all around camera that will be ok in low light and good at everything else is the t3i. I don't care for the t4i

^I don't need the best possible camera. I would like it, but for what I can afford as far as i know the best all around camera that will be ok in low light and good at everything else is the t3i. I don't care for the t4i

Thats fine, I say stick with T3i because it is best all rounder.

Was just mentioning to overlord that there are other options than canon and nikon. It's a pet peave of mine.. you go on forums about cameras and so many people don't consider anything else.

I thought the x100 is mirroless? my t2i takes just as good of photos.

It is.

Your T2i isn't far off. But you'd have the have some good lens on it, the fixed prime lens on the X100 is exceptionally good, especially in color rendition. Though I would quite like a T2i/T3i/T4i myself.

dxomark-fuji-x100-d90-60d-sensor-scores.JPG

Its a custom firmware that gives your Canon camera a ton of options that aren't normally there. Like on camera audio monitoring, fine tune controls over every aspect and a cool features for photographer like a dedicated time lapse mode.

MagicLantern.fm - Home

Back
Top Bottom