DIY 360 Cooling

Juice1

Fully Optimized
Heres a simple way to keep your xbox 360 cool with some household items...

You will need:
USB Cable
PC Case Fan
Tape
XBOX 360 (Duh)

Instructions:
Cut the usb cable in half, splice the wires
Cut the 3 pin connector off the case fan, splice the wires
Connect the red wires to the black wires (from the fan to the usb cable)
Tape the wires seperately
Tape the fan to the BOTTOM of the xbox 360 with the air flowing IN the xbox 360 (your xbox must be sideways) if you need to put it on the back have it flowing OUT.
Plug it into your usb port on the xbox 360

Tips:
If you have some other device with a usb port near your xbox, plug it in there. I plugged my fan into my verizon dvr. This is a good idea because its not gona ruin the xbox in any way.
If you have the xbox 360 standing the tall way (not flat) then put some rubber feet on the bottom so that the air can flow inside the bottom vent.

Notes:
The fan runs slow. I havent figured out how to get it to go faster

Pictures:

fyi the fan runs slow because it is running off 5v to make it run full speed you would have to find some power source that delivers 12v a friend of mine used an old charger for a mobile phone that gave 10.5 v for a simillar type of system

Yeah the way i got it to go faster was

Find a power thing that says output 12v dc

Take off the adapter and connect it to the fan

I have 2 fans running now on the 12v dc plug and theyre fine

And theres no harm to the xbox (maybe the dust only, ill figure out how to block that though)

nice.

but i dont think my 360 get hot much. It seems pretty cool after a few hours of use.

I know microsoft stepped up with the cooling, but id hate to see my xbox rrod. So just to be save its a good idea to put the fans

Back
Top Bottom