Distorted Monitor Settings

18airborn

Beta member
My monitor settings are concave. Not my windows display. My whole screen appears concave in a small box in center of screen.
Windows settings are correct, drivers correct. switched monitors to known good monitor same result. removed and reinstalled video drivers. reinstalled windows 2000 pro.same result. Thanks..Please e-mail to joarruda@bellsouth.net

Appreciate the help

It can be a few different things ...

1) Computers screen settings at 800X600 and 16 bit ?

2) Check to see if the cable is loose or defective ...

3) It could be your chipset graphic's Display driver ...

4) Video Card.. If your Monitor settings are correct, then your other option is to ensure you are using the latest drivers for your video card ... To obtain the latest drivers for your video card you will have to go to the manufacturers website for that card to download them ... Installation instructions for these drivers will be provided by the video card manufacturer ...

5) You have two (2) defective monitors ...

^^ I have experienced a perfectly running system at night / Power down / Boost in the morning and my screen resolution and view size is way off ... <<>> I simply re-ajust my monitor settings and it's all back to normal ...

Hope this helped you

Sincerely
CourtneyDS

Ps : By the way.. my friend changes from WinME to Win2000 pro to Win98SE all the time ... <<>> Sometimes her system boots in Safe-Mode / Auto Scans on start-up.. all sorts of problems ...

Court

Sounds like you have a bad video card. Try swapping your cards out with a known good one.

That's my bet.

jasynder- It would help if we knew the spec's of your PC.

Do you have the latest DirectX?
I personally don't... I think it's 9.0 now but 8.1 is tried and true for me.

Back
Top Bottom