Dissapearing quicklaunch?

n0t

Solid State Member
It was not too long ago that my computer mysteriously crashed in the middle of playing BF2....of course :mad: . Anyway, it crashed so badly that my computer completely froze leaving me no other option but to hard reset it. So i held down the power button for 10 seconds until it shut off. I turned it on again and it ran extremely sluggish but i managed to fix that somehow. The only problem is that all my quicklaunch icons dissapeared. I tried reinstalling those programs in which were in my quicklaunch toolbar prior to the crash and set it to install the icon, but after the installation no icon was to be found. I tried it with many other programs and it still didnt work. Is there anyway i can get my quicklaunch icons back without reinstalling windows? Thanks for your help guys.

-n0t0

I can't say I've had the exact problem, but I have had the problem where my quicklaunch disappears following every reboot. TaskBar Repair Tool Plus! is what I often hear recommended for any taskbar related snafu's in Windows, including the quicklaunch, so you might give that a try. G4 Screen Savers: TaskBar Repair Tool Plus!

btw, if you want to make a shortcut to a program in the quicklaunch, there is no need to reinstall the program. just open up the program folder in program files, find the program exe, right click and drag it to the quick launch, and select "create shortcut to"

wow thnx guys u helped alot. the right clicking on the toolbar and selecting quicklaunch didnt work but i got it to work using that program. thnx a bunch guys! :D

Back
Top Bottom