Display options

turbocelica85

Beta member
Hello all im on the search for a display and need some options. It will be used for a vehicle gauge cluster. It be connected via Bluetooth or canbus. Now i have seen people using tablets with an android app called shadowdash but would really like for something that powers on automatically when power is applied intead of having to power it on. Their are dedicated displays but cost upwards of 800 to 2000$ and im trying to keep it relatively cheap. If i have to use a tablet i would like for it to have physical front facing buttons and have a charge point seperate from the mini usb. If anyone has ideas or knows exactly what i could use let me know.

Tons of threads on XDA of people modding a Nexus 7 to install in their dashes. Some examples:
Nexus 7 clean car install with backup cam | Nexus 7 | XDA Forums
[Discussion/Tips] Nexus 7 as Car-Tablet. | Nexus 7 | XDA Forums
Nexus 7 car dash install + OTG charge + DVB-… | Nexus 7 | XDA Forums
Jeep Grand Cherokee - removable dash mount | Nexus 7 | XDA Forums
Nexus 7 car install build thread | Nexus 7 | XDA Forums
Nexus 7 in-dash install in European Toyota A… | Nexus 7 | XDA Forums
New Edge Mustang Nexus 7 Install | Nexus 7 | XDA Forums

Just search 'car install' on the General board there and you'll see a lot of examples of people that have done it:
Nexus 7 General - XDA Forums

If you do go this route, would recommend pairing the OBDII adapter you have (if you have one - if not, I recommend one of the OBDLink products as they have auto-on/off for the adapter itself) with the Torque app - which connects to the adapter and you can customize your gauge clusters to however you want.

Back
Top Bottom