Disney to buy Marvel

Status
Not open for further replies.
disgusting.

ever read the "Disney Comics"? I picked one up once, now I have read some bad comics in my day, but Disney should never.... well.... do what they just did.

It's all about the Benjamins. Strictly a marketing move. If you look at all the **** Disney owns...it's like half the world. Certainly one of, if not THE, biggest corporation in the world.

I think at some point the UN will have to tell Disney not to buy more companies, before it has enough money to buy the UN :p

More things for Disney to kill..

If they make like a Spiderman comic into a High-School Musical thing.. I'll go mad.

Beat me to it......

This could be a good thing. This could be a bad thing. It really comes down to how much creative control that Disney is going to want from Marvel.

Marvel could do with the injection of money. Like it would be nice to see marvel back in it's glory days in the mid-90 where there was a lot more comics.
Mid/Late 90's, Marvel killed off a lot comic reducing every thing down to X-Men and Spider-Man. They have been slowly bringing titles back, but they are no-where near where they used to be.

Anyone else kinda shocked by this?
Yes.

The other thing, Disney is MGM. What is disney's relationship with Paramount Pictures as they are on the ones looking after all the movies like Iron Man, Spider-Man etc etc.

Beat me to it......

This could be a good thing. This could be a bad thing. It really comes down to how much creative control that Disney is going to want from Marvel.

Marvel could do with the injection of money. Like it would be nice to see marvel back in it's glory days in the mid-90 where there was a lot more comics.
Mid/Late 90's, Marvel killed off a lot comic reducing every thing down to X-Men and Spider-Man. They have been slowly bringing titles back, but they are no-where near where they used to be.

Yes.

The other thing, Disney is MGM. What is disney's relationship with Paramount Pictures as they are on the ones looking after all the movies like Iron Man, Spider-Man etc etc.

good point

they could just pump money into it and not disrupt the ideas and it would be great

OR

they could demand a 99% change of the company and it'd be horrible

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom