Disk Drive Help

Syn7ax 3rror

Banned
Hey guys, my computer isn't working. About 5 mins ago, the disc drives were working. Now, when I tried to run Doom 3, it says
Code:
Windows successfully loaded the device driver for this hardware but cannot find the hardware device. (Code 41)

Yes, everything is connected. I tried to call HP and they said I need to pay to talk to them. Hell no is thjat gonna happen. Please help.

Ok. My speakers werent working so I went in my unit to see if my soundcard was working. I got the speakers to work, but when I tried to 'Fire Up" doom 3, Dvd disk is missing or something. I tripplechecked to make sure all my wires wer intacteded, even downloaded new BIOS. I can't call HP because it caust 40$, and I don't have that considering my cable bill rite now.

u might of caught ur arm on a wire going to your cddrive? i dunno, cuz it detects the drivers for it, yet it doesnt detect the hardware itself, u mighta unplugged something....

I dunno what to tell you, uninstall drivers and re-install I guess and check once again that the wires are fine, like check each one slowly and individually. Also you could try going to the properties of the device and troubleshoot it and then microsoft will try and help you.

How much stuff did you move around in there? Assuming you actually went into your computer? I'm wondering if perhaps the drive letters got switched or something...

Will other stuff work iwth your drive?

Well, for intance, when I try to run Doom 3, it says "Cannot locate the correct DVD-ROM. Please insert the correct DVD-ROM, select OK and restart the application." I tried restarting like 10 times, un-pluged my "Big Bad Rig", and did everything else immaginable. When I pop a C.D. in the sucker, it dose nothing ut REV, then die down

right click my computer>click the hardware tab>click the device manager button and see if there's a red X by the disc drive.

Back
Top Bottom