Disk Defragment Programs

Zaki

Daemon Poster
The windows disk defragment program has reached its limit with my c drive and cannot process the files nearly as good as it should.

So, i was wondering whether you guys have used any other (3rd party) software to defrag, please let me know im stuck with a raptor that needs to be defraged. i'd prefer free software, but if you know of ones that cost money that would be helpful too. thanks.

I use Disk Keeper. It's not a free program, but it came with my Intel D975BX2 so that's what I use now.

What you mean reached its limit? You do realise that you need about 20% of your HDD free for reliable defragging

Raffaz said:
What you mean reached its limit? You do realise that you need about 20% of your HDD free for reliable defragging

no i dont mean that way, i know that there is a available space min. requirement.

whats happening is that even after I defrag my c drive (numerous times) there are thousands of fragmented files, and the defrag program just zips through the entire defrag within 30 seconds and leaves all the fragmented files as such, sometimes it even creates more fragmented files, when i first used it in today's session it helped the first time around but there were still a LOT of fragmented files left which it cant seem to fix.

Zaki said:
no i dont mean that way, i know that there is a available space min. requirement.

whats happening is that even after I defrag my c drive (numerous times) there are thousands of fragmented files, and the defrag program just zips through the entire defrag within 30 seconds and leaves all the fragmented files as such, sometimes it even creates more fragmented files, when i first used it in today's session it helped the first time around but there were still a LOT of fragmented files left which it cant seem to fix.
Do the defrag in safe mode, when you do it in normal mode, alot of ya system files are running etc so it cant move them

Back
Top Bottom