Discord will crash on my macbook repeatedly, no matter what i try!

annadav

Beta member
I will open discord, and it will crash.

I have:
  1. changed networks
  2. restarted discord
  3. reinstalled discord
  4. deleted cache
what else can be done

PS: macbook is with the M1 chip

PS:

Just to let you all know, my issue was fixed after a lot, a looot of hassle. But, thank God it works now..

The issue is with Apple security and cache combined.

Apple security causes update loop errors by mixing things with cahce that i really don't know how it works.

What worked: Setting manual updates, and then update with the security turned off,

PS: This blog was really helpful in identifying cache issues causing discord keeps on crashing error

The Discord disccussion is also helpful

The people at reddit were amazing too.

Glad you got it sorted. There's not many Apple folk on here most of the time.

PS:

Just to let you all know, my issue was fixed after a lot, a looot of hassle. But, thank God it works now..

Apple security causes update loop errors by mixing things with cahce that i really don't know how it works.

What worked: Setting manual updates, and then update with the security turned off,

PS: This blog was really helpful in identifying cache issues causing discord keeps on crashing error

My Spotify keeps force closing / crashing idk why. Do you know of any guides that can fix that??? I also have the M1 chip macbook, specifically the air version. It's for the Spotify desktop app, there's also a lengthy thread on the Spotify community about it with no real answers :/

PS:

Hey @annadav , Im having a similar issue. Can you elaborate a little on how you solved it? Ive tried re installing after fully cleaning cache and application support files. How do you set manual updated if you cant open discord and what did you have to change on the apple security side?

Hi! I had problems with the discord server, and I couldn't figure out why. It manifested itself in the fact that I could not send a message, although technically, there were no problems. A virus was detected on my laptop by checking all possible causes of the problem. It was the virus that blocked full-fledged work discord.st. I am writing this because I believe my information can be useful to other users. Interestingly, you need to change the security settings to use discord on apple. It is quite unusual.

Back
Top Bottom