Disc skipping on PS2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do I REALLY have to take apart the ps2? I'm not in the position to do that. without breaking it, and I ain't trying to do that!

Great now I can't play it anymore! worthless piece of ****.

why are you being sarcastically rude? I don't feel comfortable taking apart the ps2. Not that I even have the tools to do so; I'm gonna risk doing something I don't know and end up breaking it.
why can't it just be cleaned without taking it apart?

see! i knew i could just do that! thanks for reading the first post thoroughly (it was a slim)

did you know that I have a slim model not a fatty one?

whatta you mean I'm not willing to attempt to help myself? I am. this is rude too.

why must you get so rude whenever you feel someone did not take your advice directly?
I said that I didn't feel comfortable taking it apart, is there another way, but yet its like you don't get that and just assume I'm skillful as well as you are and can do it no problem, easy peezy. No that's not the case. then you see I: "don't take your advice" you try and put all the blame on me like I'm purposely not taking everyone's advice.

But now you know I have a slim model and I can just use a q-tip to clean the lens.
thank-you zaka100.
If it wasn't a slim you'd be pretty screwed. Anyways, I didn't see that you said slim in the first post so that was my fault. You don't have to be skillful to follow a simple video even if you did have the fat. It's literally a couple of screws, wipe off the laser, put screws back. If you can't do something this simple you're going to be pretty screwed in life later.

Stop taking everything so personal, there's no safe spot on the internet or in real life.

This all could have been resolved with a 10 second Google search followed by a 2 minute Youtube video view. My bad for not seeing the slim part in the first post too. Was that rude?

I knew the bad side of this place was hiding somewhere. Came sooner than later. This is why I prefer not to ask for help online. I'd rather talk to someone in person.
oh the ps2 is reading it now (all of a sudden) don't know how, but I'm going with it. Guess I got lucky.

I knew the bad side of this place was hiding somewhere. Came sooner than later. This is why I prefer not to ask for help online. I'd rather talk to someone in person.
oh the ps2 is reading it now (all of a sudden) don't know how, but I'm going with it. Guess I got lucky.

people have only replied this way to you because you didnt notice carnage made a joke.

dont take it to heart and youll fit in lol :cool:

This is normal with a dirty laser. Inexplicably some games will work and others don't. Sometimes even the same game will fail and the next time you try it, it works. The laser is getting distorted and blocked when it tries to read the data on the disc and sometimes it can interpret it and other times it can't.

Listen man, I am not trying to give you a hard time, it is just frustrating to see someone that faces the slightest bit of sarcasm or adversity and immediately starts complaining that people are being rude or unhelpful when all we were are trying to do is give you options. Nobody here was trying to give you a hard time. Personally I just found it odd that you managed to find your way here to ask a question that thousands of people have asked and resolved before and then got all touchy when people were silly and didn't give you some magical answer to fix the problem without having to do anything. I almost feel like we were all just trolled. I am guessing you won't, but I hope you stick around here. I am sure you will find that we are all extremely helpful (except Rider he's a dick). Just a warning, we all constantly joke around with each other so you might want to put your heavy armor on.

To clarify: my post was supposed to come off as sarcastic in the sense that you (dclemons2) were calling your slim ps2 that's many years old and has worked fine up until this point a "worthless piece of ****" - which I thought was funny because of the age, probable time spent on the console, and just because it had dust on the lens (that can be easily cleaned, mind you), it was still just a "worthless piece of ****". Sarcasm is hard to portray in text, hence the emotes I put at the end of my post.

you tech people always gotta go rude and "sarcastic" whenever someone like I doesn't meet up to your standards."
Anyways I've returned the game the ps2 refused to play correctly. (Apparently just this game having issues); all my other 2 worked fine. So it was the disc (cheap crap)
this thread is done and so am I.

you tech people always gotta go rude and "sarcastic" whenever someone like I doesn't meet up to your standards."
Anyways I've returned the game the ps2 refused to play correctly. (Apparently just this game having issues); all my other 2 worked fine. So it was the disc (cheap crap)

this guy is awesome I am gonna start throwing tantrums now when Rider says Google it. Now hes a piece of trash and his system been working for well over 30 yrs I am guessing.

On a side note I am not trying to be at all friendly to a whiner. This is the f I give

see there are none

Well frankly, now nobody cares if they're rude to you because it seems that you don't appreciate anything and you think everyone works for you like we are your servants ready to respond to your every need. If you feel offended by a bit of informal language, then the internet is not for you so go back to typewriting and listening to the radio like in the 1950s :FuuThat:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom