DirectX 10

mayorredbeard

Daemon Poster
Is directx 10 going to be supported on video cards before the release of vista?

I was just about to order parts for my new build, but then realized how soon directx 10 is.

I want this build to be future proof, but if i dont get a directx 10 card i feel im going to be limiting myself. Do i have to wait for the december release of vista to get a dx10 card, or is their a set date for the release date of directx10 capable cards.

If im not mistaken, they might be out right now. And if you get a 512 mb card, im a pretty positive that it will support directX 10 applications.

there aren't any dx10 cards out right now, 512 mb doesn't effect anything, if the card doesn't support dx10 you won't be able to play new dx10 games at full settings. for example if you had a 7900gtx right now or a x1900xtx, the fact that they use dx9 would hinder them from giving full performance in dx10 games such as crysis

i know that, what im mainly interested in is wether or not chipset manufacturers will incorporate directx 10 in their graphics cards before the actual release of vista. I don't want to have to wait till the release of vista in december to start my next build. thats a lotta waitin'

so, get a lower-end or mid-range video card now...and then wait. it'll tie you over until december comes. it's common sence. that's what i'm gonna do

i don't see why manufacturers would release dx10 cards before the vista release, since none of the current operating systems support dx10 it would be pretty pointless. if you really want to build a new computer, spend your money on a cheap 6600gt now and wait until q1 or whatever until the dx10 cards come out.

Yea. Im building a new computer in like August, so im just gona buy a shitty $80 256 mb video card.

yah but thats anywhere from $100-$200 extra just for a card to hold me over. so im guessing theirs no news of microsofts new graphics api becoming available on the gfx cards before the release of vista

Yea, but than what can u do about it. Its either wait till Vista releases (and when it does, the video cards that will come out first will suck ass) or get a cheap one to last you for now.

no there isn't and.. advocate, how good videocards are is not dependent on their memory interface, more so on pipelines and memory type.

Back
Top Bottom