Digitally Signed Drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

dumdum8684

In Runtime
How would I go about turning off the Warning message that comes up when you are installing device drivers that are not signed by Microsoft.

I have already found the reg value:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows NT\Driver Signing

BehaviorOnFailedVerify = 0

Is there any other ways. I also have been told that the above method doesn't stop all of the pop-ups...does anyone know why?

-Aaron

right click on "my computer", click properties, select the hardware page, there is a button with "driver signing"

Why? You can turn off the warning of non digitally signed drivers. He just told you how to.

I am looking for a reg value becuase it is easier to change that when you are using an installer. Instead of using the Graphical interface. I am not going to be able to visit every computer and instead i could give this installer that would correct all of the registry settings (already discovered) as well as this one.

*Edit*

Also while I am on the topic....it there a way to override the fact that even if the option is set to ignore it will still warn you if you are replacing a signed driver with an unsigned driver. Thanks again

Him said:
Why? You can turn off the warning of non digitally signed drivers. He just told you how to.

he must have missed the part about going to the hardware part of system properties and disabling it. it seems to be an easier route for the rest of us

No, I know what he is saying. He's talking about doing it on lots of computers. Apparently he has a peice of software to install a bunch of times, and this message keeps him from installing at a reasonable pace.

You could write a batch file, that will work.

If you could help point me in the right direction with a batch file that would be great. Thanks for your help Him.

-Aaron

EricB said:
he must have missed the part about going to the hardware part of system properties and disabling it. it seems to be an easier route for the rest of us

Why are you attacking me? I was asking a valid question. Just because you may be a professional computer tech doesn't mean that everything you do is the best for everyone else. The suggestion that Him gave me doesn't work for my application.

dumdum8684 said:
If you could help point me in the right direction with a batch file that would be great. Thanks for your help Him.

-Aaron

Why are you attacking me? I was asking a valid question. Just because you may be a professional computer tech doesn't mean that everything you do is the best for everyone else. The suggestion that Him gave me doesn't work for my application.

actually that was just a comment, in retaliation for the 2 smart alec ones that you left for me on the longhorn's posts.

I really knew why you wanted it. I was just giving you a taste on how it feel to be needlessly attacked

Hmmm, writing a batch file? To tell you the truth, I just know it can be done, I'm not sure how. But that is something I should know, so I'm going to go learn it right now and get back to you in due time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom