Digital Video Camcorders... Any Suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HAVOC

Fully Optimized
So, here it is. I've been given the ok to buy all that is needed to start creating videos for promotion and sales with-in our Tennis Facility.

Basically I'll be creating short commercials to promote our various programs - played via DVD on our 42" Panasonic Plasma HDTV.

Commercials will include video footage of various programs, tournaments, social play, group lessons, private lessons...etc...
Informational text as well as various still images. Most likely there will be some sort of narrative included and music scoring.

What i've purchased:

Sony Vegas Movie Studio 7 Platinum - Video Editing and Creation
Sony Cinescore - Music Scoring Software for Video Production
Sony Sound Forge 8
Sony DVD Architect 4

This software will be installed on my computers at home as well as my computer at work and will cover the video editting and creation.

NOW! I need to purchase the camcorder to capture all of this footage. I was looking at the various media types including miniDV, Hi8, DVDR and the latest HDD.

What i'm kinda leaning towards is a couple of sony's latest HDD camcorders. Listed below.

First Choice

Second Choice

Third Choice

Anyone have any other ideas or comments on digital camcorders that will be suitable for my projects?

Sony hdd camcorders are pretty nice in my experience. I guess that's where my vote would go although I can't recommend a specific model. I've only ever had access to their $1500 HD one...

Crysalis said:
IF you want professional, but not so pricey... canon XL-1

Uses hi-8 tape, but an EXCELLENT camera.

Dude the canon XL-1 is really expensive. It's like $3,300.00 USD.
I'm not professional, so i was thinking more along the lines of something in the $750 to $1500 range. Something just above amateur home movie. More like novice full features without the over the top stuff or price. I basically have about $1700.00 left in my budget, which will go for the camcorder and accessories like extra battery and probably a bag and stuff.

But, yeah I'm thinking more along the lines of the first choice I linked above.

I've heard good things about the JVC DVD camcorders.

They're pretty affordable, and are of very good quality.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom