Digital Camera under a hundred

Half Evil

Golden Master
Currently looking at the Samsung S860 and Canon PowerShot A470 but honestly the canon is ugly.

I would rather not buy a 99.99 dollar camera either.

I want like.... something along the lines of ebay buy it now 60 or 70 lol. But whatever, show me what you like, anything under 100$ :) or which of the two would you choose? Like the looks of the canon much better. And Its going to be used for taking pictures of my automotive stuff in school, my off road stuff etc etc.

Edit-I really do like the Sony DSC-S950 Cyber-shot for 130 dollars.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16830144134

or

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=10965605

I think I might splurge and get the sony. I like the bigger screen. What do you guys think? Or should I save 30 dollars and get the samsung?

I think my sisters samsung is similar to that one, just a 10mp version or something. I don't like it much at all. Canon makes good stuff usually. And sony makes good stuff too, just overpriced usually.

Maybe ill snag the sony. Its much more sleek looking and the bigger screen is really nice. Ill do that.....

Paying that much is a very stupid financial move for me :eek: but ive needed my own camera for a while now.

The Sony looks like a pretty decent camera. I got a Nikon P60 about 6 months ago on sale and I really love it. I was trying to find a link but I couldn't find the seller I purchased from on Amazon. I got it for a little over $100 but can't find it for that price now.

This is just a link to the features of the Nikon from there site. Their MSRP listed in this link is way high and you should be able to find one right around $100.

http://www.nikonusa.com/Find-Your-Nikon/Product/Digital-Camera/25593/COOLPIX-P60.html

Sorry to steal the thread, but is Wolf Camera closing?
Theres 2 stores I saw that has the same "store closing" signs like what Circuit City had. I am assuming that they are just closing a couple stores.
The website mentioned nothing, so maybe go check out a wolf camera store to see if theres some on discount.

Heh, and here I am wondering about spending £600 on a camera :p

Sony Cybershots tend to be good, if they are anything like the phone varients (but I'm guessing better quality, with the larger sensors, etc)

With the Sony, its a bit disapointing the shutter stops at 1 second, and can't be put any higher for darker shots, or shots where you want lots of blur, because with these compact cameras, the sensors are so small, that having to put the ISO up will result in lots of noise.

Its best if you should only have to place the ISO at default 100/200, and max 400 for the best picture, so yeah, thats a definite shame, if you'd have to go to 800, etc.

The Samsung also supports a higher video resolution of 640x480.
Plus, from the Newegg specs, supports higher shutter speeds too depending on the scene setting you choose, but you are left with a 3x zoom, instead of a 4x in the Sony...
Mmm...

With the Sony, its a bit disapointing the shutter stops at 1 second, and can't be put any higher for darker shots, or shots where you want lots of blur, because with these compact cameras, the sensors are so small, that having to put the ISO up will result in lots of noise.

The Sony CyberShot DSC-T33 was real interesting in how it operated in low light conditions. It was basically a crap shot. Some pictures would be absolutely clear and defined, while others were blurred like hell. In comparison, my Canon PowerShot SD630 produces considerably grainier but more consistent low light shots.

YMMV.

Ended up getting the DSC-S980 It seems like a great camera, but in low light everything is very very grainy. I paid 150 for this camera at walmart so I could have it this weekend and it was nicer then the one I was looking at after all (step up from it, more megapixel).

So.... what does anyone think about this camera. I dont know if I should keep it or return it.

Can you open the shutter for more than 1 second? Or was that a mistake on the specs? If you can, and you use a tripod, night shots will look a lot better, but you'll have to make sure to put the ISO on manual, and aim for around 200-400, BUT to have the ISO that low, expect to have the shutter open for 10-30 seconds, and keep it still (why a tripod is needed)

But no, compacts are never good for low light. The sensors just cannot deal with the high ISO ratings, an SLR for example loves. But compacts tend to be just as good in normal light/high light situations, but of course, don't offer as much control.

Back
Top Bottom