digital camera for C$250

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey i tried it again and it worked.. nice pics!

donno what i like better, your new rig, or pics of your new rig :p

That's a pretty blurry picture, work on focus, and also ... work on the position of the sun ... a General :cool: rule of thumb is to try and keep the sun at your back.

lol..

ya i was wondering if thegeneral was selling his or something.. i would very much consider it! :D

First of all, all the noise produced from your camera is the ISO (ASA) sensitivity of the image sensor. That's it. Nothing else besides severe underexposure, a hot CCD or CMOS sensor, or a High ISO setting induces noise. It has nothing to do with your ability to keep the camera steady.

The thing about point-and-shoot'ers is that the image sensor on most are only about the size of a fingernail, as opposed the sensor on DSLR's that are usually a wee bit smaller than a slide of 35mm film. Because camera manufacturers try to pack a gazillion megapixels into such a tiny sensor, they produce an ungodly amount of noise in the image. That coupled with (usually) crappy lenses creates images that are noisy, off color, lack contrast, have color fringing, and lots of sun flare and glare.

Just for [snipped] and giggles, I uploaded a peice of a picture of my dog that I took on my D70. I cropped it alot becuase the orignal image is 3008x2000 pixels and nobody needs to see the entire shot. This crop is 854x837 so in comparison to the original shot, this it tiny. No photoshopping except for the compression and cropping was done. Because of the much larger sensor, and better glass, I could shoot at ISO 200 and have no noise whatsoever.

DSC_0023_EDIT_CROP2.jpg

Shot with my D70 and 35-70mm lens at f/2.8 at 1/1000 of a second hand-held.

In comparison to Talldudes pic, the difference is night and day! BTW in actual prints, the difference between 5 and 6MP is completly unnoticeable.

That's an excellent picture SW1TCH[FX], very crisp.

I guess that's what you get when you have a camera that costs 5X the amount of mine...$950

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom