Digital cable vs analog cable

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbcohen

Banned
Can anyone tell me how digital cable differs from analog cable? I am told that the human eye can only precieve things in analog.

no adjustment to the screen anymore to get it straight. Same can go with colors too. The way i see it, Digital is like progressive scan vs interlace, or see without glasses vs see with glasses, it just makes things sharper n clearer for u to see things.

i truly recommend DVI over VGA RGB, VGA is dead to me, out with the old, in with the new.

Digital cable is very crisp and clear. Analog cable looks like complete crap. Thats what you need to know :)

I assume you are talking about cable television? If not, you wont see TOO MUCH difference between a vga connection and dvi, but the difference is there.

With a decent cable and components you will not be able to tell the difference between VGA and digital.

People always make a big fuss over it but the reality is that there is no difference unless the cord is extremely long or there's a ton of EMI around the components.

Like Veedub said, I think he's talking about cable TV =). Another difference is you'll be able to have more channels. Think of it as like FM radio, there's 88.1, 88.2, etc. Instead of just one "88" there can be subsets.

techies....supposed techies ;)

difference between digital and analog...digital is one "signal" or channel at a time, analog is all or a block at a time.

examples of analog:
film
a printed photo
a printed book
sound created via not electronic processes

examples of digital:
optical discs
a photo on your computer or that appears on a screen such as an LCD keychain
an ebook
sound created from an electronic device such as a sound card

;)

so, if you could only perceive things in analog...you couldn't use computers
Digital - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

If anything, as a comparitive of the two, digital cable would tend to use compression whereas analog does not. Similar to a photo or film, in which an infinite range of color and contrast is captured and retained, whereas when it is digitally obtained, it must be limited bot a pixel count and a bit depth.

I believe another difference is digital cable can not be easily split as analog cable...you require a box just as satellite? though I only use satellite so am not entirely sure.

feb 2k9....all digital ;)

In TV with digital signal you can have many channels (HD) in the same frequency with features like advanced Teletext or even a kind of internet. Digital cables can also store more data than the analog ones which may be impacted by other radio frequencies. However digital cables are so expensive, I bought an HDMI cable to connect my new PS3 with my HDTV and it costed 17 euros... But you know waht they say : D1GiTaL's TEH FuTuR3.... :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom