digital audio out port

pc trade post

Daemon Poster
ok on the back of my computer i have a digital audio out port. it just looks like a normal rca jack and it is orange. i was just wondering how i would go about using this port. would i have to get speakers that can accept this digital audio output? or could i somehow plug it into a normal aux input of a receiver?

TRDCorolla1

Golden Master
How many audio ports do you have on the back of your motherboard? Some have 3 while others have 6. They're probably used for surround speakers.

DJ-CHRIS1

Golden Master
cileskot said:
ok on the back of my computer i have a digital audio out port. it just looks like a normal rca jack and it is orange. i was just wondering how i would go about using this port. would i have to get speakers that can accept this digital audio output? or could i somehow plug it into a normal aux input of a receiver?
You need an coaxial SPDIF on whatever else your hooking stuff up to. For best results run 75 ohm cables.

Atomic Rooster

Omnipotent One
The digital audio output is typically used to connect to a home sound system to listen to DVDs and CDs being played on your computer.