Difficulty installing edge browser

stevethebrain

In Runtime
Difficulty installing edge browser I've done this before in past w/out any issues.

I’ve downloaded edge however can’t run/ install it,error message can’t connect to internet if you have a fire wall.

Heck I’ve even turned firewall off. Still no edge browser.

I’ve tried to allow edge however even though it’s downloaded its not on the program list to allow.

I using fire fox as browser and it’s been crashing lately w/ what virus guy thinks is a counterfeight cfopy of windows 7 yes using windows7.thanks also I’m not interested in win10-11 prefer to not use chrome.thanks for any suggestions.

here's ss of messages.DL edge.jpgerror1 can't connect to net.jpgallowist.jpg

I would be willing to bet, it's because your copy of Windows isn't genuine... Also, Edge support for Windows 7 ends in a few months...

I would be willing to bet, it's because your copy of Windows isn't geenuin... Also, Edge support for Windows 7 ends in a few months...
are you saying "windows isn't genuine" bc you saw that printed on lower right corner of my DT?
if your assumption is correct could this none genuine win7 be causing the few crashes of fire fox browser?
I can actually ignore virus guys irratating messages a few do go away on there own. I'll retry for the umptheeth time to get a clean copy of win7.
please recommend a (none chrome) decent browser that I can use.thanks

To be fairly honest, almost all browsers are based on Chromium, except for firefox... Edge, Chrome, Opera, are all essentially the same on the inside, with slightly different features and interfaces on the outside.

Firefox is basically the only browser remaining that isn't based on Chromium, and even Firefox support for Win7 is ending soon. I strongly suggest moving to a more modern OS, or a *nix alternative that will have Firefox support going forward if you truly don't want a Chrome based browser. Even if you go with a Chromium based browser, support will eventually cease for Win7, entirely.

As far as "clean copy" of Win7, that 100% depends on your OS activation, if you don't have a valid license from Microsoft, it's not going to be Genuine, thus have zero support, lack of proper updates, and if you are getting it from not so legal sources, could be riddled with things you truly do not want.

Win10/11 isn't that bad of an OS honestly, and if you are worried about the metrics it collects, you are able to turn most all of that off.

I would be willing to bet, it's because your copy of Windows isn't genuine... Also, Edge support for Windows 7 ends in a few months...
I think you are corrcect about no edge bc of none genuine. my new dell DT has a OS drive from a differnt LT which had a differnt MOBO. this same OS drive had fire fox installed I assume thats why FF is working.
when you say "edge support is ending" will it still work as a browser but won't allow updates?

To be fairly honest, almost all browsers are based on Chromium, except for firefox... Edge, Chrome, Opera, are all essentially the same on the inside, with slightly different features and interfaces on the outside.

Firefox is basically the only browser remaining that isn't based on Chromium, and even Firefox support for Win7 is ending soon. I strongly suggest moving to a more modern OS, or a *nix alternative that will have Firefox support going forward if you truly don't want a Chrome based browser. Even if you go with a Chromium based browser, support will eventually cease for Win7, entirely.

As far as "clean copy" of Win7, that 100% depends on your OS activation, if you don't have a valid license from Microsoft, it's not going to be Genuine, thus have zero support, lack of proper updates, and if you are getting it from not so legal sources, could be riddled with things you truly do not want.

Win10/11 isn't that bad of an OS honestly, and if you are worried about the metrics it collects, you are able to turn most all of that off.
thanks for tip on Nix alternative

@stevethebrain
But if this Edge is so important to you, why not use it as a portable? Portable has 100% same features and especially if you want to use any OS then portable is the only one that works on all existing OS.
Your OP-system is checked by installer, not by Edge itself.

Troubleshooting tips for installing and updating Microsoft Edge
Check your operating system.
Check network connectivity.
Check your trusted sites.
Try reinstalling Microsoft Edge.
Restart your computer.

Hope This Helps,
Peter

It sounds like there might be an issue with your current installation of Windows 7 that is preventing the Edge browser from being installed. One possible solution would be to try reinstalling Windows 7, or upgrading to Windows 10. Additionally, it might also be helpful to check for any updates to your current version of Windows 7 and to make sure that your computer meets the system requirements for running the Edge browser.
It's also possible that a virus or malware may be causing the problem. It would be advisable to run a scan with a reputable anti-virus program, and to clear browser history, cookies, and cache.
Lastly, it could also be an issue with Edge browser itself, try downloading the browser again and run the setup as administrator.

Back
Top Bottom