Different size ram?

jOHNkSOY

Baseband Member
Well right now I have 32 bit so I know I dont need. Since 2010 is near Im thinking of switching over to Windows 7 and gettting a dx11 card.

I just wanna see if its possible to add different size ram before purchasing.

You shouldn't have a problem since the RAM make/speeds/latencies are exactly the same, but just with different amounts on each :)

You would have had a problem if you'd have chosen a different make RAM chipset with a different speed/latency.

In 32bit though, Windows will only see 3GB's, and this is all you'll have to use until you upgrade to a 64bit operating system.

rohan I got a asua p5q pro p45 mobo

I shouldve done this before but I did some researching and found out I cant upgrade to 64 bit windows 7 coming from a 32 bit xp. That means I need to buy a full version of windows 7 64bit and back up all my files on another hard drive(but I only got 1 internal)

So this leaves me thinking. Maybe Im fine with a 2gb 32bit. Will I notice much difference. I havent gamed for a while but do newer games need more ram?

rohan I got a asua p5q pro p45 mobo

I shouldve done this before but I did some researching and found out I cant upgrade to 64 bit windows 7 coming from a 32 bit xp. That means I need to buy a full version of windows 7 64bit and back up all my files on another hard drive(but I only got 1 internal)

So this leaves me thinking. Maybe Im fine with a 2gb 32bit. Will I notice much difference. I havent gamed for a while but do newer games need more ram?

I would just up it to 4GBs of RAM if you plan on sticking with the 32 bit OS, depending on your other resources that will pull from the addressable memory your 32 bit OS will "see" 3GBs + of your RAM, and every little bit helps, even if it only addresses 3.2 or 3.3GBs...

Back
Top Bottom