Did you all know you really paying 50% of your check to the government

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nightman

Baseband Member
I'm broke because of it anymore and I'm getting sick and tired of living in the US, Really! :(

After Taxes are taken out God if you single as well your still being taxed on the money you made.

School tax
Property tax
food tax
gas tax
and the list go's on and on. By this time when you get paid and you go and get the things you need. your still being taxed and it's money you will never see again :mad:

I'm tired of taxes anymore, before you know it they will try to tax the taxes.

How does anyone else feel about this?
This is why you need two working incomes to barely make it and then more taxes are taken the more you make.
Damn I'm upset now...

Got to cool off. I'll be back.

Ã…nubis said:
Not here in the UK! :D

The taxman can go...(use your imagination) :D

Gas costs heaps more then US folk (and most of the world come to think of it).

Hey it could be worse.

Labour (Tony Blair MP) are in Government here and there's plenty of 'stealth' taxes. Especially for motorists, smokers (yeah it's bad but each to their own), drinkers - it appears all the bad things in life.

But what can you do!

Well start my own government :) I mean we the people are the government right. We are allowing this and sit back and let our corrupt goverment get away with it, while our country is in 30,000000000000000000000000000000000000000 in debt :(
Oh if you what to add more zeroes that fine because it's going to be that way with this Saddom/dweeb.

It still sounds better to be were you are. Maybe I'll visit the UK when I'm finish paying more taxes to pay the tickets and after I get the vacation money taxed as well before I go so I have enough money. :(

What can you do? I hear you :)

Nightman said:

I'm tired of taxes anymore, before you know it they will try to tax the taxes.

I think that's acutally against the constitution...

But here in good old Washington state we now can claim fame to one of the highest things. CIGARETTE TAX!!! :mad: :mad:

But lobbyists are working on getting it reduced. They are taxing cigs the unconstitutional way. I'll explain.

You buy a pack of smokes at the store. The price is $5.50 (which includes all of the state "Taxes and crap" and then they add on the 8.1% sales tax we have here which adds up to $.45 in sales tax. And i only think that the price of the pack is $3.50 - $4.00 before all of government addons. That's crap!!

Another thing, lottery taxes and gambling taxes are CRAZY!!! If you win over (i think) $2000 you "have to" claim earnings to the government. And then they tax you something like 35-40%!!!! That's almost half of the money YOU won by contributing YOUR OWN money. :mad: :mad:

Damn i better shut up, i hate how they can take our money!!

I know how you feel. 2 years ago Australia brought in the GST and its ridiculous :( Gas over here also cost loads.

What are the current prices for gas in the US and UK anyway?

Here in the Washington USA the avg prices are something like

$1.35 - Regular Unleaded
$1.45 - Plus Unleaded
$1.55 - Premium Unleaded

shan said:
Here in the Washington USA the avg prices are something like

$1.35 - Regular Unleaded
$1.45 - Plus Unleaded
$1.55 - Premium Unleaded

:eek:
Wow that is expensive. we pay:

$0.56 - Regular Unleaded