Did I get hacked?

Just to be clear, you don't have to explain anything because honestly we don't care if you're fat, not fat, anorexic, or in between. That was the point he was trying to make. It makes no difference.

They don't need one. Hacker or malicious software, they just take control of what they want.

These points exactly.

Play nice in here :).

Was as nicely said as I can make it without straying from the point. The extra info was needless and seems more like a grab of attention which is why he was calling troll.

Either way, OP needs to do what we said. Redo accounts on separate machine and IP, then stay off obvious troll lairs. Best to leave the webcam unplugged too.

Was as nicely said as I can make it without straying from the point. The extra info was needless and seems more like a grab of attention which is why he was calling troll.
Wasn't geared toward you or anybody in particular - just a forewarning for the most part.

Either way, OP needs to do what we said. Redo accounts on separate machine and IP, then stay off obvious troll lairs. Best to leave the webcam unplugged too.

Exactly.

There's a Metasploit module, creatively called "webcam", purely for this purpose. It can turn the webcam on/off, take stills or video, record audio if it has a mic, and enable remote web access to the webcam. The module has been around as long as Metasploit has been popular, and the general idea has been around in practice for at least a decade.

The monitors in the hacking lab at my university all have webcams built in, so a popular gimmick is to use this module to capture a photo of the user, and then change the user's desktop background to that photo :D

Last edited:
Pretty sure patonb just meant "latest" as in the most updated malware modules, since older malware that can do the same thing should theoretically be blocked by AV's nowadays.

Pretty sure patonb just meant "latest" as in the most updated malware modules, since older malware that can do the same thing should theoretically be blocked by AV's nowadays.

AV isn't going to block the webcam malware specifically (to my knowledge), but it might help against the remote access stuff that lets you run such malware.

Back
Top Bottom