Diamonds from your dead relatives.

ownage said:
really? I thought the pound was worth than the dollar. It was like 1.9 pounds to the dollar or something like that.
Nope. Canadian and Australian dollar are worth more than US dollar though... GBP and euro is less.

Steff said:
I always thought you halfed the $ to get what it is in £! :eek:
That was years ago Steff, perhaps while you were too young to take notice [lol], now they say that it might become a straight exchange, one pound = one dollar! years before you were born it was for a l-o-n-g time 5/- [25p] equalled $1, how about that!!

Brookfield said:
That was years ago Steff, perhaps while you were too young to take notice [lol], now they say that it might become a straight exchange, one pound = one dollar! years before you were born it was for a l-o-n-g time 5/- [25p] equalled $1, how about that!!

It works out about $1.94 for every £1, at one point about 4 years ago it was as low as 1.2 but then the pound became stronger again, its not going to be for a few years yet that it the dollar and pound will become equal, thats if we can make sure that we don't get the euro before then, because the euro for dollar is very similar.

GlasseyeUK said:
It works out about $1.94 for every £1, at one point about 4 years ago it was as low as 1.2 but then the pound became stronger again, its not going to be for a few years yet that it the dollar and pound will become equal, thats if we can make sure that we don't get the euro before then, because the euro for dollar is very similar.

Eh, they might as well incorporate the Euro or Pound into the U.S. This way we can have an easier understanding of currency and its exchange rate. I'd like $1 to be...well, $1 everywhere, makes things easier to understand.

In either case, does anyone know of anyone who has already done this? Any reports on it so far?

Jenox said:
Eh, they might as well incorporate the Euro or Pound into the U.S. This way we can have an easier understanding of currency and its exchange rate. I'd like $1 to be...well, $1 everywhere, makes things easier to understand.

In either case, does anyone know of anyone who has already done this? Any reports on it so far?

The Euro become a single currency for a number of european countries, for us to either join the dollar or the euro would not be financial common sense for us right now as the pound is stronger then the dollar.

Back
Top Bottom