DHCP problem

Oh, sorry the previous post had a typo, it should have been can't

if you open up internet explorer and type 192.168.1.1 in your address bar, thats your router's ip address. It will take you to the router administration page. It will prompt you for a username which is Admin, and a password, which should be left blank and you can change it later(but don't forget it). If it says that it can't open the page, or there was a problem displaying the page, then you're not able to communicate with the router, which would imply an ethernet cable, or card problem.

Lol ok so how do i check my bios to see if its trying to boot from a network device. Lol i bet u can't tell im a noob.

Just one more question, What type of network have you setup? Is it a domain or workgroup?

wats the difference. i just set up a secure network with two other computers in my hosue that are wireless. my computer is the only one connected directly to hte router

Ok, sounds like a workgroup then.

To enter the BIOS you need to restart the computer, then you need to tap one of the following (it might tell you on screen what to press with something like "press x to enter setup") normally it will be delete, F1, F2, F10. Once in your BIOS you need to find the boot order option, and make sure your harddrive is first. Then save and restart.

it worked thanks a bunch. another question though. i play counterstrike and i can't get into any of the game servers that are available. my computer detects hundreds and shows me them but when i double click to get into a server nothing happens and it says server not responding. i'm not sure if that has anything to do with my internet too but if you know of anything i can do id sure be thankful.

Has it ever worked? Have you altered any other network settings? Have you got your firewall configured properly? If you have a router, are your ports open?

Yea see thats what im not sure cuz when i first bought my computer it worked awesome but then when i had it reformated it started the problem. i don't know what i should do

Have you installed all the MS updates, if not then do that. Have a think about what software changes you have now compared to before the reformat. What service pack are you running now, and what was it before?

Back
Top Bottom