DEVLDR error on log off

crazyman143

Fully Optimized
I havea windows xp computer, and recently, when i log offmy account, a window pops up that says Closing program DEVLDR
when it finally finishes, it says itwas unabletoclose it, and gives the "end task" option. whydoes this happen?

Is this really Your computer or a Network ?
Quote: when i log offmy account
I just select shutdown.More info please.
:confused:

my computer isn't on a network, and by logging off I mean slecting log off from the start menu, and returning to the welcome screen.
somebody told me that this could be a problem because of the sound card that I recently installed. it's a sound blaster live.

Yeah; that looks like it.

I would have said it was a piece of Spyware that doesn't want to close down, but Devldr doesn't sound quite right does it for that.

Same thing happenin

Yeah i get that DEVLDR error thing with the trying to close the program and then it tells you that its not responding. And the one of the 6 computers that i have on the network gives me that message when i am trying to shut it down for sometime. It has a wireless Linksys USB adaptor and i think that the computer is just having trouble resolving with the client that runs the USB adaptor...but if your not on a network of any sort i dont know why you would be getting that message.

i found out that it seems to have something to do with the sound card, however, it could have somthing to do with something else, I'm not sure.

Back
Top Bottom