Device driver was not successfully installed

flashandmisty

Beta member
Hello,

Everytime my computer starts up I get a message in the bottom right corner of my desktop saying installing device drivers, even though I haven't connected a device to the laptop. After a couple of minutes it comes back with another message saying: Device driver was not successfully installed. And it gives this report
%5CUsers%5CMax%5CPictures%5CMicellaneous
Notinstalled.jpg

This slows down my start up considerably and I have no idea what it's on about. I would be grateful of any help anyone could offer.

p.s
I am using a Compaq Presario CQ56 laptop running windows 7.

Do you have anything plugged into a USB port? Does the laptop have a card-reader or PC-Card slot? If so, then one of those devices may be causing a problem. You may try installing the proper driver manually as well-- go to the manufacturer's website and see if you can determine which driver you require and install it manually.

Nothing's plugged into any USB port. Also I have tried looking for the drivers manually but I haven't been able to find anything that works. Does nobody recognise this problem?#

Cheers

I would guess that the issue is with the motherboard drivers. What make and model is your laptop?

Back
Top Bottom