"device can perform faster" message???

John H. Power

Solid State Member
Even though my system has only USB 2.0 ports, I get this message. I recently installed a combination FireWire/USB card so I am wondering if that is somehow related. Is there a way of verifying whether all USB ports are performing at their maximum capacity?

Incidentally, when I click the little balloon that gives me this message which indicates that a click will disclose further information it just goes away.

Thanks

I can't tell what USB port its happening with. I just get the message balloon, click for more information and it goes away. Isn't there a way of going into device manager and checking this type of thing?

By the way, without going into a lot of system detail, I have a custom-made computer that's about a year old. I run XP professional, have lots of RAM and a fast dual core processor.

Have a look in device manager, and look at the USB section. Compare them to this.
Universal Host Controller Interface = USB 1.1 from Intel (normally)
Open Host Controller Interface = oUSB 1.1 from other chip designers
Enhanced Host Controller Interface = USB 2.0 all chip designers

I have two sets of Universal serial bus controllers in my device manager. When I open up the first set I see NEC PCI to USB open host controller listed twice and Standard OpenHCD host controller listed once.

When I opened the second set I see an NEC to PCI to USB enhanced host controller and PCI Class USB 2.0 Enhanced Host controller listed.

Why dont you just unplug all your USB devices, and add them one by one until the error comes up

Back
Top Bottom