Developing HTML Email Templates

RhysAndrews

In Runtime
Hi everyone.
A client of mine wishes for me to develop a design for a HTML newsletter that will be sent via email to anyone who subscribes to it.

Now, I've seen plenty of emails that are simply webpages within an email body. And to some extent I know how I can do this - by using the WYSIWYG editors on the clients, like in GMAIL or Outlook. However, I need to develop an email message that can take advantage of most HTML features (tables, etc), and sent to my client so he can save it as a template, and re-open it and edit the text anytime he wants a new issue of the newsletter.

I'm a bit confused as to how I can code together HTML email messages, storing the images, and allowing the email to be 'composed' and have its text edited. I hope this makes sense, perhaps someone could help me out here? I know my client will probably be using his Gmail account to post and make issues of the newsletter, so what will he need?

Thankyou in Advance
-Rhys Andrews

I guess the easiest way would be to send them a newsletter that they could then press reply to and edit before sending it out.

however, personally I'd advise against this, a lot of email clients block downloading pictures so your news letter will be massivly crippled.

a better thing to do would be to publish news letters as PDFs so that you have complete control over how they look, you can do this by writting them in word and printing to a PDF using a free PDF printer, (there are plenty out there).

or sending a plain text news letter with a link to a HTML enriched on for those who actually want the pictures and stuff.

Back
Top Bottom