desperately seeking help; emprex dvd recorder

mike pain

Beta member
Hi Im relatively new to computers, so you'll have to forgive me if I jump straight into this straight away.

I recently bought an emprex dvd writer . drw1116Im.
I haven't been able to write on anykind of disk since I bought it.
I got nero oem latest version 6.6.1.4.
Iv'e tried to burning to dvd +R and –rw and nothing.

I've tried brands Panasonic/verbatim
Ivle tried to download the latest firm ware and still nothing.

I then tried to burn mpeg and wmv files as data, this was finally possible.
I played the data files back through my windows media player and they were able to play.

The second time round I tried to play the data disc back but the dvd drive wouldn't play or recogognise any thing in the disk drive.
I then tried to reinstall my original samsung dvd master16e model no.sd616

A message said that I don't have mpeg2 encoding,

--------------
System Information
------------------

windows xp

BIOS: Award Modular BIOS v6.00PG
Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) XP 1800+, ~1.5GHz
Memory: 512MB RAM
Page File: 216MB used, 1032MB available
Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS
DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
DxDiag Version: 5.03.0001.0904 32bit Unicode

Profiling will become a reality weather we like it or not. I only hope that unlike other profiling that has happened In the past, it is intelligence lead and done with courtesy and caution and not randomly and rudely.

Sad to say it may be the dvd burner. Out of all hardware some is good some better. Whenit comes to DVD burners, I found out just like you, the hard way.
If the burner does not have the Pioneer chip set it is a peice of junk that will never work right. I bought the samd DVD burner you have It is made by BTC and has been rebranded in your case. Your only hope is to return it even if you get store credit and it probably was expensive too. Good models are Pioneer, LaCie, Benq ( except the DQ60 rebranded Teac) NEC, Plextor and LG
this is what i have ( will burn dvd'd all day long and double layer also)
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16827152058
I also have an LG can not seem to find the model, here is the LG page, mine started with GSA , i think it was 16xx something. I guess they redid there model numbers
oh well get the NEC, great drive and only $29

lg page
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...623&Submit=ENE&Manufactory=1623&SubCategory=5

Back
Top Bottom