desktop weather

r_moore04

Daemon Poster
does anyone no of any gd and free desktop weather things 4 the uk, im using The Weather Channel Desktop, its well gd, but takes up loads of mem, idle it is using 50,000k, thats the only thing wrong with it really

The ones I see look like spyware. I always remove them from the workstations I work on. Just another thing those pesky students download on those computers. And at a whopping Pentium 166 MHz with Windows 98, that's the last thing it needs. I personally don't use them, but some people like them and I respect that. I just always remove them from the school district computers.

You could probably use Forecastfox for Firefox if you have it. Or maybe Accuweather.com has a desktop weather thing, I don't know. Oh, and maybe you could try the weatherbug too.

Tommy Boy said:
You could probably use Forecastfox for Firefox if you have it. Or maybe Accuweather.com has a desktop weather thing, I don't know. Oh, and maybe you could try the weatherbug too.

I would go with the one that is part of Firefox, and that's probably all. I hate having the weather junk on my computer because when I did have it, my anti-spyware client would report it in its scans. To me, if it's considered spyware, what's the point?

Yeah, alot of spyware out there.

If you have MSN messenger, on MSN Today, theres a weather part of the page at the top right.

If you click that, you get sent to a link with weather selectable from around the world at different times.

Might be worth checking out.

If you don't have MSN though, save this link>

http://www.msn.co.uk/news/weather/default.asp?MSPSA=1

I hope this helps :)

The above link basically does that. Links to a weather forcast for the world :)

Pretty kewl, because it uses Flash, so is interactive, to the place, and even brings up graphs etc.

Back
Top Bottom