Desktop switches itself off when it gets to the bios screen

Origai

Beta member
Hey everyone
Ok when I start the desktop, it's starts up fine. Until the pc reaches the bios screen. Then it just switches off. Any advice

Edit: correction, I am more awake and I see you are using a desktop, still check your keyboard for any stuck keys (or try another kb) disconnect any and all usb devices (except kb & mouse) including your printer...ect. This will have to be a trial & error so please give us more info about your pc like brand name, model and how old it is, which version of windows your currently running.

Edit: correction, I am more awake and I see you are using a desktop, still check your keyboard for any stuck keys (or try another kb) disconnect any and all usb devices (except kb & mouse) including your printer...ect. This will have to be a trial & error so please give us more info about your pc like brand name, model and how old it is, which version of windows your currently running.

IMG_20220627_185416.jpg

Evening Joe. Thanks for the help. This computer is very old. Still runs XP. My rig was stolen 2 weeks ago. My sister borrowing me this thing.
Ok it's a ECS G41T-M13 desktop, https://www.ecs.com.tw/enthats the page for the company that makes them. Ok so the pc switches on for about a min or 2 then shuts down. I'm thinking it's ram. But can't test as I have no spares. So any advice would be greatly appreciated.IMG_20220627_185416.jpg

Attachments

• 1656349696215518947647.jpg
    1656349696215518947647.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 4
  • 1656349832688-370740827.jpg
    1656349832688-370740827.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 4
could be the memory, Also check the power supply, if it is that old and if it one of those "economy" power supplies then if you can, try taking that in to get tested or pick up a computer power supply tester
One like this from Amazon

could be the memory, Also check the power supply, if it is that old and if it one of those "economy" power supplies then if you can, try taking that in to get tested or pick up a computer power supply tester
One like this from Amazon
I just finished resetting CMOS, now I'm going to run the ram 1 at a time, after I'll check power supply. Thank you very much for the assistance

OK, call me stupid but I see a bare CPU in the pic. Is there not a cooler on it? If not then you are darn lucky it made it that far before shutting down due to exceeding the thermal threshold.

did you also clean the old thermal paste from the cpu and the heatsink and re-apply fresh thermal paste before you started it back up?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom