desktop appearance problems

i just turned off my computer last night and wh en i turned it on just 5 minutes ago it started off with the lowest color quality and everything is big, it is not in safe mode and nothing with change back, when it says "do you want windows to configure your settings" to make everything normal nothing changes, when i try to do it manually and i apply the settings nothing changes, whats up? gotta be a virus right? figures i just got norton 2006 last night too

hi..
have u tried to reconfigure ur resolution settings..if not do it once ..
or else u have to run the motherboard CD..i.e the video drivers..
this WILL fix the problem.

curioust said:
hi..
have u tried to reconfigure ur resolution settings..if not do it once ..
or else u have to run the motherboard CD..i.e the video drivers..
this WILL fix the problem.

i have tried doing that yes and it didn't work, it just switched back, i don't get what you mean by " u have to run the motherboard CD..i.e the video drivers.." what do you mean?

What Graphics card do you have?

It has been known that installing Norton can interfere with stuff like that, download the latest drivers for your graphics card and reinstall them and it should be all good. I have a huge dislike for the real big commercial antivirus companies as their programs seem to take over the whole system and are resource hungry, avast only for me

If you have a graphics card installation CD stick it in and re-install all the drivers, then try to change the settings. Hopefully that'll work.

Lac3y said:
If you have a graphics card installation CD stick it in and re-install all the drivers, then try to change the settings. Hopefully that'll work.

i didn't get any graphics card installation cd, i don't have any cd that has to do with my graphics card, would uninstalling norton maybe fix the problem? i have no clue what to do,you know what pisses me off, my family is blaming me saying i messed the computer up

Back
Top Bottom