Desesperated! New PC build constant reboot with display

zeusrudo

Beta member
Hello and thank you in advance if you are here to help :D So I created my first build ever and I checked everything a hundred times as it was my first time. This is the list of components: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/R3rN9N Then I build it and I didn't have any problems until...

PROBLEM: When I turn it on it will display the BIOS and everything fine but then it shuts down, reboots and keeps rebooting. It cant be a power shortage because it's supposed to consume 264W and the power supply is 450W so must be enough. The few seconds I can read the BIOS says 40 degrees max. I tried everything: reapply thermal paste just in case is overheating, motherboard out of the case, check all connections multiple times and connect just the essential components.

Please, I don't know what else to do. Thank you

Last edited:
At first startup AMD builds do this about 3-4 times as it learns and trains memory. If it isn't defaulting to 2133 RAM speeds with safe timings go in and change them manually to see if it still reboots.

At first startup AMD builds do this about 3-4 times as it learns and trains memory. If it isn't defaulting to 2133 RAM speeds with safe timings go in and change them manually to see if it still reboots.
The truth is I didn't let it do it more than 3-4 times but adding the reboots in separated assembling attempts there were like 20 reboots. Do you think I should try to let it reboot like 5-6 following times without shutting it down? The problem for changing manually the RAM speed is that I won't have time enough to do it in those 10-20 seconds between turning it on and the reboot :( Thank you so much for your help again PP Mguire

The truth is I didn't let it do it more than 3-4 times but adding the reboots in separated assembling attempts there were like 20 reboots. Do you think I should try to let it reboot like 5-6 following times without shutting it down? The problem for changing manually the RAM speed is that I won't have time enough to do it in those 10-20 seconds between turning it on and the reboot :( Thank you so much for your help again PP Mguire
Clear the CMOS (bios) and just let it do it's thing. If it does it more than 5 times consecutively we'll need to troubleshoot.

Clear the CMOS (bios) and just let it do it's thing. If it does it more than 5 times consecutively we'll need to troubleshoot.
Hello again PP Mguire. I did what you said I cleared the CMOS and updated the BIOS and seemed to last longer to reboot but keeps rebooting and more than 5 following times, it was like long torture staring at the computer failing consecutively. :C

I'm starting to think something is faulty. What components do you think are most probably causing that problem to start exchanging them? I don't wanna miss the returning period T.T

Your motherboard has debug LEDs on it. What are lighting up?

First step(s) of troubleshooting is/are eliminating possible causes. The first thing I do is to remove the board from the case and place it on a neutral surface (cardboard or the box it came in). I then remove everything from the board: CPU, RAM, storage, graphics card. Since your board doesn't have any onboard graphics you can try and see if it can display the BIOS from the onboard ports, but if not then keep your graphics card in. Then connect the PSU and arc the pins and see if it works. Then kill the power and start adding things back. Watch the degugging LEDs for any change after adding something back.

Hopefully this helps.

Hello again PP Mguire. I did what you said I cleared the CMOS and updated the BIOS and seemed to last longer to reboot but keeps rebooting and more than 5 following times, it was like long torture staring at the computer failing consecutively. :C

I'm starting to think something is faulty. What components do you think are most probably causing that problem to start exchanging them? I don't wanna miss the returning period T.T
See above, the point of the last thing I said was to have a stable enough machine to go in and set things manually. Do what Trotter suggested and when things stay on for like 30 seconds or more do what I said.

Back
Top Bottom