Dell XPS M1530

dude_se

Proper Legend
Well my new laptop is finally here! First impressions ... well i love it, simple as that.

The specs are in my sig just so you know what model i chose

Im not very good at reviews and am also lazy, so ill stick to the basics:

Graphics:

The screen seems nice and sharp, and the brightness is great on full aswell. Ive got it set to 20% on battery which is good enough, and should also save some extra battery.
As for gaming i cant really review that yet. Will install COD4 soon

Specs:

Well, just look at my sig. Its a beast! Since ive removed all the crapware it flies, and the connectivity options are great. HDMI, VGA, bluetooth, wireless N, 2 headphone jacks. Other nifty things include the remote control, built in webcam, and mic, and a fingerprint reader (both of which work very well. I was shocked by the mic, as it is good)

Design:

I was a bit worried at first, but when i popped it out of the box i was stunned. Its not that heavy, feels very strong, and nothing is loose or out of place. The inside looks very clean and the button placement seems good. Overall it looks very sleek and sexy. 1 bad thing is the fan is on the back by the battery. this is bad because when im sat in a wierd position my legs block the fan lol, but this isnt too much of an issue as 1) im wierd so should sit normally, 2) It hasnt caused that much of a problem yet, and i can live with it.

Battery life:

Im well impressed. So far its lasted about an hour - hour and a half and its on 41%. I have a lot of programs open and it was at 95% when i unplugged it. I recon this laptop could easily get 3 hours.

Overall:

Its well specced, connectivity is great, and its a damn sexy laptop. I cant say any more than that.
Its a bit of a short review, but i need to carry on playing with it.
If you have any questions then let me know.

Pics (i resized them so they are bandwidth friendly):

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

4.JPG

5.JPG

very nice review and nice pic's damn that thing is lovely
good luck with it :)
glad you didnt have to wait that long for it.

test drive runs perfectly and looks amazing.
the fingerprint reader is also setup and works great.
installing just cause and cod4 v soon :D

you reckon cod4 would run on mine with everything on low?
ive got a boxed set of driving sim's im gonna try on here it's got test drive but can't remember which one.
might try the original gta aswell.

im loving my dell lappy as well i can get 3 hours out of the battery as well , even my cheapo insiron has good connectivity including HDMI and wireless N which i was amazed by seeing ads i only paid £400 for it

love the little touchscreen media controls as well

1200 x 800 CCFL :(
lol. wish i got a higher res now, but never mind. it looks great, games look great, who cares :p
i havent picked up any wireless N networks yet. cheap people :p

Back
Top Bottom