dell xps 720 watcha think?

rahxephon1

Baseband Member
well ive been planning to buy a new comp to run crysis for quite sometime and now that the demo is out and i cant play it im starting to get annoyed and am too lazy to build my own comp not to mention i have never built one entirely

im ordering from dell because shipping is free to canada and alienware is too expensive

i was looking at the dell xps 720 red with quite a few choices and id like your input on what would be better for the long run...i dont wana have to buy another comp for a bit....

cost 2500-2600$

parts: 2gb ram 800mhz ram oc'ed to 1066mhz 2dimms(will add another gig(id like another 2 but apparently windows vista 32bit doesnt recognize 4 gigs))

nvidia 8800gtx 768mb of course (will sli enventualy for beter performance)
processor....here are the choices wich do you think would be best?
Intel® Core™2 Duo Processor E6750 (2MB L2 Cache,2.66GHz,1333 FSB), English [Included in Price]
Intel® Core™2 Duo Processor E6850 (2MB L2 Cache,3.0GHz,1333 FSB), English [add $100 or $3/month1]
Intel® Core™2 Q6600 Quad-Core (8MB L2 cache,2.4GHz,1066FSB) add $0

those are the 3 processors i would be able to chose from(others cost 1000$+)
wich would be better for gaming (games like crysis)

motherboard:7-slot BTX motherboard (all i could find on website they dont say much about there mobos for some reason that or im just blind...)

rest: cd drives floppy all that shyte....

monitor:none i have an hp 20inch wide that i luv :)

so whatcha guys think? (processor choice and will it run crysis maxed with what it comes with before my near future upgrades and with upgrades how long would my comp last before it becomes another paperweight?

wow i said alot xD thx for you input its much appreciated.

that's nice if you have the money to spend on it,,,and if so, you might as well get the E6850 @ 3GHz too. i would consider building one though,,you could get the same specs with name brand parts for less money,,,,it's not that hard, and everyone on here can help you with whatever questions you have along the way.

thx for your input and due to shipping costs ordering all parts serperatly would save me about 300$ wich would be nice but the real reason im using dell is because its a known site....17 yo dont have a credit card have to ask mom for it and she wont let me use on tigerdirect.ca -_-

asfar the processors wich would be better beetween the quad and the duo 3.0ghz as far as gaming/multitasking goes?

Wow, that is way overexpensive I think. I mean, right now, you can get some OCZ ram off newegg for $35. 2gb ddr2 800. Graphics $500, processor, $300, mobo $300, and thats just random prices, you could go cheaper on some, or more on others but, I would build if I were you!

Back
Top Bottom