Dell wont Load

blando233

In Runtime
having a problem with this dell..You kno where when u boot the computer the first screen is shoes dell and has f2 and f12 where you can hit and the progress bar. Well when the progress bar is going and gets half way just freezes..Anyone kno how to fix this? or whats causing it

No but ill try again on monday when i get to work..it was very weird..trying to think of somthing that can fix this.

If it's your work computer, then there are probably a whole bunch of the exact same model, right? Think you could pull the BIOS chip from one and test yours with it?

Does it POST before it locks up?

All it does is right when i hit the pwoer Dell shows up and frezzes right there cant hit F2 or F12..

no it doesn't..it doesn't go past POST because on that Dell screen the progress bar at the bottom doesn't finish

If it's a hardware error, you would usually get a POST code, so I'm leaning towards an issue with the mobo/BIOS.

The first thing to try is disconnect all cables to the motherboard, then pull the CMOS battery. Let the computer sit for an hour or two, then put the battery back and reconnect the cables. If that doesn't fix it, I'd go ahead and either try the BIOS from an identical computer or contact Dell.

umm yea i got a question..lol..um so on this dell it has one of thos plastic heat sink protector and when i pulled that off the heat sink came rightttt off before i took it off it was loose you think this can cause this to freeze?

actually it looks like that plastic thing holds the heat sink down so if i pull it off it will pull the hink sink off dang

What plastic thing? that shroud thing they put around the heatsink? It seems to be well attached to the heatsink itself, which is held down with a mount. If you were able to just pull it off, that's a serious problem. Yeah, an overheating CPU will freeze up like that.

If the computer came this way, contact Dell. It could have caused serious damage to your CPU.

Back
Top Bottom