Dell windows 7 help

jlopez0109

Beta member
Hello guys, well the reason I decided to post here is because I have a little problem. I been looking all over the internet and I can't seem to find a solution. I have a Dell Inspiron 5323 Laptop. Well it came with windows 8 and I downgraded to windows 7. Anyway, everything was working fine for over a month. One day I simply closed the lid and a couple of minutes later it seemed to have gone into hibernation mode so I pressed the power button, and the windows was not shut down properly message appeared. If I check for errors it simply shows like the blue screen of death for like a second or less then goes back to shutting itself off and back on again. I have tried inserting usb with windows 7 installed in it ...which is how I installed it since this laptop does not have a cd-rom drive, but in doing so it seems to like freeze and I can get to the "repair" option but thats as far as it goes. I would also like to mention I was running ubuntu with dual boot. Ubuntu was also working fine, so when I try running ubuntu now in the grub menu instead of windows, it says "couldn't read file" "run kernel first" which leads me to believe it is not windows but maybe the whole hard drive that is dead? Anyway hope all that info helps. Thanks guys.

Run a disk diagnostic tool to verify what you already suspect. Plenty out there, Dell has their own as well i believe.

I have a Dell Inspiron 5323 Laptop. Well it came with windows 8 and I downgraded to windows 7. Anyway, everything was working fine for over a month. One day I simply closed the lid and a couple of minutes later it seemed to have gone into hibernation mode so I pressed the power button, and the windows was not shut down properly message appeared. If I check for errors it simply shows like the blue screen of death for like a second .

Sounds like more of a hardware issue rather than windows os itself.
We'll find out soon enough:
For the flash/thumb drive please use fat32 format to boot into dos.
Pick one accordingly to your hard drive inside your laptop
SeaTools | Seagate
WD Support / Downloads / SATA & SAS / WD VelociRaptor
Seagate

If your hard drive turns out alright, please use a 4gb formatted flash drive and download the appropriate win 7 iso for your laptop.
http://msft.digitalrivercontent.net/win/X17-24209.iso

Upon successfull installation download:
HWMonitor CPUID - System & hardware benchmark, monitoring, reporting
Update your drivers by dell or choosing what is listed by hw and searching bing or google for a download.

I'm gonna be honest here, but it sounds like you have a driver problem or hardware issue.
If it does the same process again, then its is what I stated.

Sounds like more of a hardware issue rather than windows os itself.
We'll find out soon enough:
For the flash/thumb drive please use fat32 format to boot into dos.
Pick one accordingly to your hard drive inside your laptop
SeaTools | Seagate
WD Support / Downloads / SATA & SAS / WD VelociRaptor
Seagate

If your hard drive turns out alright, please use a 4gb formatted flash drive and download the appropriate win 7 iso for your laptop.
http://msft.digitalrivercontent.net/win/X17-24209.iso

Upon successfull installation download:
HWMonitor CPUID - System & hardware benchmark, monitoring, reporting
Update your drivers by dell or choosing what is listed by hw and searching bing or google for a download.

I'm gonna be honest here, but it sounds like you have a driver problem or hardware issue.
If it does the same process again, then its is what I stated.

It sounds as though you did not update your drivers when you rolled back. Your drivers are probably set to Win 8 and not 7. Also you could have programs that are not compatible with 7 so you would need to roll back them also. Remember that your taking a laptop that has only seen from the factory 8 and introducing brand new OSs to it and your computer may be saying what is this I don't know what to do hope this helps

Back
Top Bottom