Dell Upgradeability?

ChrisU

Beta member
Hello! I like to introduce myself to this forum - my name is Chris and im just registered here! :) Anyways, my problem is that I have a 3 year old Dell Dimension 4600 with
- 512mb of ram
- 2.4GHZ P4 w/HT
- 128mb Geforce 5200
- 100 gb hard drive

and I was wondering if:
1. Is it upgradeable? (as in can i upgrade my motherboard, gfx, etc.) or is it advisable that I purchase a new system?
2. If so, what is the best AGP Graphics Card I can get for my system (according to my research is it the Geforce 6600 GT?)
3. Will an addition of another 512mb of ram make a *big* difference in terms of the performance of my system?

Thanks, Chris

Yes, you can always get a new mobo and gpu. The best gpu is the 7800gs. Another 512 of ram will boost your performance by a lot def go for the ram considering 1gb is standard now a days

Yeah, you can easily get a new video card. But make sure that your psu can handle the new card, because most dell psu's are preety weak. But if I were you I would just get a whole new computer.

well, i know that the 7800GS is way too expensive, i just need to upgrade my RAM and graphics card... and are the ATI AGP graphics card any good?

Well, it all depends how much do you want to spend on the ram and gpu.

im looking at a moderate-priced graphics card, the ram i know i have to upgrade to 1gb

Back
Top Bottom