Dell speakers

D-Lew

Fully Optimized
Anyone had problems with these? I just got through setting up a Vostro for my grandparents and it would seem that these speakers SUCK. The balance is way off to the left channel and the subwoofer isn't even working. It uses a game port type connector which was weird. Model is A525.

Don't buy these unless you want crap. They were cheap, but not sure if they were worth every penny.

So I'm wondering if there's something I might have missed because I really, REALLY don't want to call Bob in India for half an hour.

Unplugged stereo jack, unplugged game-port type connector, unplugged power outlet and moved to wall, etc... Also tried it with a Zune and it had the same problem, so it's not the sound card.

these?
1RA82ynsbLCq.jpg

No, but it looks just like a standard analog VGA connector, but orange and with two rows of pins, I think a total of 9. It has the stereo wire tapped in and coming out to go to the PC. I've been looking for similar problems on the internets but have only found slightly different ones. I have a good feeling it's defective atm.

And yes, those.

Similar, but it's not a MIDI/Game port. It's only 9 pins. That is used to split the signal between the two speakers for some reason. The input to the system is from the green stereo out on the integrated sound.

lol good to know.

Well great, I'll be calling customer service pretty soon. Thanks guys. lol

Back
Top Bottom