Dell optiplex gx260

hobby_guy1

Baseband Member
Ever seen i have this computer been running good but recently i don't know what happen but it runs slower and it has very low ram but never had a problem. Is running window xp pro sp3. Any idea what could be wrong. :)

If you have 256 MB (RAM) isn't enough for XP, and you'll get much better performance if you add at least another 256MB. 512MB is generally considered the minimum for XP, and 1GB is ideal for most uses.

If you have 256 MB (RAM) isn't enough for XP, and you'll get much better performance if you add at least another 256MB. 512MB is generally considered the minimum for XP, and 1GB is ideal for most uses.

Well it was working great with the memory ram i had but something just made it slow im not and expert but i dont think the ram is not the problem unless they could break??? :)

With 256MB of RAM it was always slow. I suppose if you have a build up of malware or viruses it could cause even slower performance. Try running malwarebytes.

Ram upgrade would be good for it and also some software maintenance would be great such as Disk defrag, cache clean up and deleting of redundant temp files would go a long way for you.

Back
Top Bottom