Dell Latitude D630

gordie69

Beta member
Hey guys I have a laptop Dell Latitude D630 and it's a friends for his daughter and he gave it to me to look at because when you turn it on all you see is the back light and thats it no screen the operating system is Ubuntu 12.04 but that won't be the issue I google this problem and it seem to me that it could be the video chip I saw a video on youtube and he had the same issue and thats a big tear down any question to what it may be

Try plugging in an external monitor (though I doubt it will work). Make sure you press FN-F8 (or whatever F key it is to cycle through the video modes).

It sounds like it could be the motherboard or the CPU. Try taking the RAM out and see if you get any error beeps.

I tried plugging to my monitor nothing and theres no beeps or sounds all you see is the power and hard drive and the back light in the screen

Sounds like motherboard issues. Did you try taking the RAM out and turning it back on?

Took out a stick of ram and same so I'm aiming that its internal either motherboard or the video chip

Back
Top Bottom