Dell laptop not responding to boot and keeps restarting

marcus20691

Solid State Member
Hi i have a dell xps M1530 laptop and fixing for a friend. First it wouldn't logon or show the logon screen. So i wiped it and put the new system on it. It work until it updated it beep several times and wont boot. I try upgrading it work but then the same thing the hdd is fine but the operating system isn't responding i did everything did a bios test and default the settings. When i try's to go to the login screen it flashes the blue screen of death. Witch is weird after it doing after the upgrade and updated And it not respond to the dell cd. I need step by step help. I haven't seen this happen this before !
Oh and i try F8 try all modes and keeps restarting and i tried taking out the ram and start it. It wont even say dell or beep. Again i never came a cross this

Being that you have reformatted, have you tried reseating the RAM?

Mossiac

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Computer Forums mobile app

You mean re partition it?
I try it froze. With the windows disc. Unless theres another way

This will not fix your immediate issue, but will help in the future. This forum showed me how to do this. It is very helpful when you post about BSOD. I have had BSOD before and could not post the code because it flashes the code to fast and then tries to reboot. This way when you get a BSOD, it will stay on the screen and you can write it down.

Click Start> Right click Computer> select properties>select Advanced system settings (on the left side)>under start up and recovery, click settings> uncheck Automatically restart.

Like I said, this won't help right now, but it may help in the future. By no means am I an expert on computers. I'm still in school studying networks and computers. But if it were me, since it has only the OS system installed, I would start over with a fresh install. Then first thing, stop the automatic restart, then proceed with the updates. This way if it happens again, you can post the error code. This code is what BK_123 is looking for. BK_123 has successfully help me many times.

But it having a hard time reinstalling it when i try yesterday it took 15 hrs and it still said starting setup

Whoa, everyone lets slow down here. I'm going to guess English isn't your main language so I'm going to try to paraphrase your problem and make sure I (and everyone else) undertands.

Hi i have a dell xps M1530 laptop and fixing for a friend. First it wouldn't logon or show the logon screen. So i wiped it and put the new system on it. It work until it updated it beep several times and wont boot. I try upgrading it work but then the same thing the hdd is fine but the operating system isn't responding i did everything did a bios test and default the settings. When i try's to go to the login screen it flashes the blue screen of death. Witch is weird after it doing after the upgrade and updated And it not respond to the dell cd. I need step by step help. I haven't seen this happen this before !

So you were able to reinstall Windows and then you ran Windows Updates. After the updates, the computer wouldn't load Windows. It shows the bios splash screen but then restarts.

So when you took the ram out, the computer didn't give you any error beep codes?

So does it give you a blue screen or not? Does it load the bios splash screen?

So you tried reinstalling Windows again, but you were not able to do so? What version of Windows did the computer have and what version are you installing? Was it a legit version?

If I'm understaning this correctly, then it sounds like you are right back where you started when you got the computer in the first place?

Hopefully this will help get things sorted out and get you on the right track as well as help the other members better understand what is going on.

Back
Top Bottom