Dell Keyboard Driver Problem

KaratonE

Solid State Member
Well, we all need help in something. I have a newer model Dell, just over 1 year old, It's a custom (as in I went through the order customization process) Dimension E521. It was acting up few months ago, but tonight, I put a mouse in and it actually worked, a few months ago, all the ports were down, USB, including mouse and keyboard plug-ins, so I started using my laptop. Well, tonight I got a mouse to work fine, so the ports are back to normal, but my problem is, and I'm pretty sure it's a driver error, my keyboard or ANY keyboard is not functioning properly at all, I must hold down one key for about 2 seconds to get it to type a letter, this goes the same with any other key, it's impossible to type "computer" on it without sitting there for 5 minutes. I've tried many different keyboards and I don't know what's wrong, I opened it up and cleaned it out and still no effect, I was wondering if anyone here knows what to do about it, I can give you more info if you need it, but I'm really hoping for an answer because you know the whole thing about "Dell Service" and prices just for telling you how you broke it and Best Buy charging you and it just breaks again (happened before). So I thank all of you who took the time to read it, if you have any answers or suggestions, it's greatly appriciated.

Joe.

Also, since a bunch of you guys are "experts" at this, could you maybe suggest any cool programs just for fun or to help my system run smoother? Just thought you guys might have some nice programs, thanks!

BTW, I've been browsing around and I'd just like to say this forum is great, I like how it's very friendly, as in "welcome yourself" and "birthdays" just small things, but they're noticed by someone who's seen some bad forums.

Nope. Just grab the right driver for your OS and you should be good to go.

Ok, so I downloaded the nDivia drivers just like you said, and I installed it in C:/dell/drivers and I restarted my computer just like it said, and my keyboard started working fine ONLY when it shut down, then, it turned back on and the keyboard was working fine on startup, but, as soon as I got to the desktop to try and type, it was happening again, and I'm not really sure how to use the driver because in installation it said, "you must restart your computer to use this program" so I did and I went to the folder I saved it in, and nothing there was executable, so I have no idea how to USE it for my keyboard, I think it might have worked because on shut down and start up it worked fine, then went back to screwin with me, any help Mr. Guru?

Any help?

Did you follow the procedure listed on the download page?

Install

1.Double-click the new icon on the desktop labeled R132919.EXE.
2.The Self-Extracting window appears and prompts you to extract or unzip to C:\DELL\DRIVERS\R132919. Write down this path so the executable (I.e. Setup.exe) file can be found later.
3.The Self-Extractor window appears.
4.Click OK.
5.After completing the file extraction, if the Self-Extractor window is still open, close it.
6.Click the Start button and then click Run.
7.Type C:\DELL\DRIVERS\R132919 in the Open textbox and then click OK.
8.Follow the on-screen installation instructions.

Did you follow the procedure listed on the download page?

Oh, why thank you, I didn't see that.

Ok, so here it is, on numbers 6,7, and 8, I can't get to it, so I download the file, then install it and it says restart so I think I installed it fine, but there is no part that ever occours where I type something in or press "start" or "run". There is nothing like that, im stumped.

Back
Top Bottom