DeLl DiMeNsIoN 3000

collibr

In Runtime
Alrighty, I have a Dell Dimension 3000, 2GB Ram and the best graphics card I can put into it, is there anything I could do to make this thing run faster???

You can try to overclock the processor, but with doing so you want to make sure you can keep the processor cool enough that it doesn't overheat. It is hard to overclock too far as the older Dell towers are not all that great with air circulation. You can look into upgrading the processor as well, but if you went that route, you are better off just investing in a new tower.

intel celeron, how do I overclock it and how risky is that? I don't have anything unneeded running...

I would recommend a soldid state hard dirve. This will increase the speed of the OS. Let me know if u need me to pick out a drive for you

Yeah that would be awesome if you could pick one out, how would this actually improve my comp?

technize.com said:
Read/Write Speeds
The typical access time for a Flash based SSD is about 35 – 100 micro-seconds
Whereas that of a rotating disk is around 5,000 – 10,000 micro-seconds. That makes a Flash-based SSD approximately 100 times faster than a rotating disk.
HDD data transfer rate at the rate of 80 megabytes per second typically.
SSD data transfer rate at the rate of 170 megabytes per second typically.
Although SSD are slow when to compared to small file writes, they have a constant read and write rate.

See above.

What's a good one compatible with my comp?

Or should I rephrase, what is the best one to get and what's a good one I need comparisons

Make it faster without spending money? Format HDD and reinstall windows, overclock the components slightly (this may be hard on a manufacturer build OEM PC), you could try this: TuneUp Utilities . I cleaned a computer up with it and it made a massive difference in performance.

Iv cleaned my comp pretty good if u mean defraging it disk cleanup, etc. What do I need to do to this comp? I don't mind spending some money

Back
Top Bottom