Dell Dimension 3000 Ethernet & Multimedia Drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeeZ_NutZ_805

Baseband Member
tryin to fix a comp, got everything installed driver wise, except for 2 aspects of the pc

Ethernet Controller
Multimenda Audio Controller

its running an Intel 865g chipset

but absolutely no luck finding compatible drivers

as to my knowledge, everything in it is integrated to the motherboard itself, which is a dell mobo, with an intel chipset.

any, and i do mean any help is appreciated.

thanx alot

Did you go to www.dell.com and search for the drivers there? All you have to do is put your service code in I beleive and then your pc will come up with all the drivers for it or that it can be shipped with. There will be different drivers so you got to search a bit. Download SiSoft Sandra to tell you what kind of ethernet controller you have and audio controller.

i did search dell, and intell....didnt find nothing specific...maybe i didnt search it thoroughly enough..but its 1:45 a.m pst lol..and i got tired of it after 2 hours to be honest (not tryin to sound like an ass or nothin lol)...

ummm.....as for the sandra program, i have it but didnt think about it..i will try tomorrow....(jus switched back to my pc for the night...)

if by any chance, anyone can do a search, since they may know what im lookin for.......

be much appreciated....

also, is the service code an individual number or a bulk number for the model itself??cuz if its personal i dont wanna give it out due to it not bein my comp lol...

again, thanx to anyone who can chime in with some help or suggestions

It a personal number unique to each Dell you get so dont give it out. Othwise, someone could get free service by using yourt tag if it's still under warranty.

dell has a stupid way of giving their drivers. even with the service code their will be dozen of drivers for that partitcular comp. I went through hell fixing a dell once that first time I reformatted it

download all of the audio, and ethernet drivers (name them to different name folders) extract all of them. burn them to cd. then use the found new hardware wizard. when it ask for the cd, put it in.

for future references, dell do make it easy to get drivers on their computers (I learn this the on a 2nd and 3rd dell comp. that I've fixed), when you open my computer go to C:\dell drivers and copy that folder to cd, before you reformat

SHAWN said:
http://support.dell.com/support/downloads/index.aspx?c=us&l=en&s=gen&cs=

just enter your model forget the service tag

You guys just need to know your resources. Dell is one of the easiest machines to reload and install drivers.

Here is a direct link to the drivers

http://support.dell.com/support/dow...ystemID=DIM_CEL_3000&category=0&os=WW1&osl=EN

you just prove my point. I had to choose between 6 ethernet cards, 5 VGA controllers and 3 sound card drivers whereas on everybody's else site will have 1 drivers for each part on a system . Inaris link was more helpful as I see a indentify a driver option on it.

but if you copy the dell drivers before you reformat, you won't have to worry about it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom