Deleting files currently in use

Captain.Ash

Baseband Member
I have these 2 folders on my desktop with no files in them.. I cannot delete them because they're being used with another Process. I don't know what process this is, and, when i restart i still can't delete them.

Is there anyway i can delete these without checking if its being used currently?

Ive had the same problem. WipeInfo from Norton's Utilites usually did the job for me, sometimes even a restart. Those things are aggravating though.

just out of intrest what are the folders names and did you create then and what did they have inside them?

u might be able to do it if u boot into safe mode, and what i would usually do is check the proccess list and see if they are in use.

Interlaced said:
u might be able to do it if u boot into safe mode, and what i would usually do is check the proccess list and see if they are in use.

yer that was my next idea i was just wondering why Windows is using a folder? :p

Thanks you guys..
The folder name is "System" (just joking)
Nah I got it deleted, but i'll keep the Norton thing in mind for next time (i considered safe mode but i thought id ask u guys first)

thanks

Back
Top Bottom