Deleted Mails in Outlook 2003???

coolguy1

Baseband Member
Hey Guyz, I started using Microsoft Outlook 2003 and used Gmail Account., it worked fine. I used to delete the mail as soon as i read it in Outlook and still the messages were present in Gmail. Now since YahooMail has no POP3 access, i used YPOPS and started using YahooMail through the Outlook and when i got the whole Inbox , i deleted them and it went to "Deleted Folder". After that i deleted it permanently. But now when i check my regular YahooMail, the messages are deleted from there too.....DAMM :mad: :mad: :mad: Guyz please help me if i can recover that Mails and why did it work that way and does it work the same way to everyone.

Thanks

To be honest, i'm not exactly sure about Yahoo Mail but i do know something about why Gmail keeps it's copy ...
If you go to options and then to forwarding and POP tab, you can select what happens to you emails when you access them via POP, you can keep Gmail's copy in your inbox, choose to archive your copy or delete Gmail's copy ... what happened to you with Gmail was that you chose to keep Gmail's copy, while for Yahoo Mail, you chose to delete it ...
You might want to look around the Yahoo Mail options and see whether you have an option similar to this one ...

:mad: Yeah, i selected that for GMAIL but YPOPS does not give me that option, i did not click anything, i just entered the yahoomail in the New account of Outlook after downloading YPOPS on the computer. Thats it. And later i deleted that messages and they were deleted in the original yahoo mail too! DAMMMMMM

Hmm ... i'm not familiar with your problem, i think you might have to ask someone who uses Yahoo ... I'm still with Gmail :)

So atleast ru sure that Gmail does not delete my mail in Inbox even if i delete permanently from the Outlook Deleted folder??? I was planning to stop using even Gmail now, reply that please, Thanks!

That is correct if you set the Gmail options to keep Gmail's copy in your inbox even when you've tranferred it to your computer ... stay with Gmail though

What do you mean post screenshot ? Here ... just have your POP access in Gmail settings configured to this to have Gmail's copy kept in your inbox even though you've downloaded it to your computer ...

blah0uf.jpg

First print screen and then paste it into paint ...
Save it onto your computer ...
Then use a image hosting site like Imageshack and then upload your picture ...
Then link it to your post using the IMG tags ...
Imageshack can be found at http://www.imageshack.us

Back
Top Bottom