delete WMP library?

drumthrasher

Fully Optimized
i would like to get rid of the songs in the library of windows media player 11 because i want to re-add the songs to make sure every one of them are in there, so can i somehow get rid of the library without deleting the songs?

move ths songs out of your documents. like to the c drive, then reinstall the player i guess.

I tihnk this'll work.

Go to the Library part in Windows Media Player, and select All Music.

Select all the tracks using the Hold down shift and select the first and last, and then simply right click, delete.

When the menu comes up, select to delete from the library only.

That should do it.

Oh... how can it be that different? Sorry, I was using 10 at the time of testing this.

If that options gone, there must be an option somewhere else to get rid of them... Anywhere on the right click menu?

in wmp11 you can just go to file> add to library. then check the box that says "my folders and those of others that i can access." click on the button that says "add," and choose the directory that has you music in it, if that directory isnt already in the list. check the box that says, "add files previously deleted from library." make sure that the directory which has your music in it is selected from the list, and then click ok. it will update your library, and click lose when its done. hope this helps

Back
Top Bottom